Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 13th Campaign for UNITY


Today is May 13th.

I guess I'll start the day by supporting SATU SEKOLAH UNTUK SEMUA (SSUS) campaign initiated by some of the otai bloggers rather than remembering too much of the festivities of 1969.


If I remember anything at all.. I was a small kid then, moreover my family was posted overseas at that time, so I was never anywhere near ground zero. But the stories I have heard, the images I have seen and that it happened right here in this beloved country of ours, put the fear of God in me that it'll happen again.

So, its only appropriate for me to do my bit for UNITY today.

I am among those who are of the view that the current segregated school system is a bane to racial integration particularly among primary school children who are at their most impressionable age, thus a bane to UNITY. SSUS is a campaign to overcome the problem, thus is a campaign for UNITY.

Some of you guys may have other ideas, its ok, we are living in a democracy, everbody knows the drill.

To learn more about SSUS, the germination of the idea, the good people who got things moving, the rationale and the memo to be send to Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin the Minister of Education, read Demi Negara blog HERE and SIGN PETITION to the support SSUS HERE.

1 comment: